Thursday, December 8, 2016

CMIR and UF

The CMIR is the Center for Media Innovation and Research located in Wiemer the college of Journalism and Communications at the University of Florida. While I don't spend much time in the CMIR, I know it is a place where students can relax, do homework, and study, when it is not being occupied by a class or research group. There are many "digital labs" that can be used as rooms for groups to get together to study or work on group projects together. Anyone at the University can use the CMIR and I recommend that students check it out at least once during their time at UF.




Some other places that I spend my time in Weimer hall are the radio stations, Gatorvision studio, and the WUFT news room. Here are a few photos of my times at the CJC. At the radio station ESPN 98.1 FM I produce the shows that are live on air. Some of the shows that I produce include Dooley and Collett and Sportscene with Steve Russell.


This is at the sports desk at the WUFT studio down stairs. I would operate the camera for Florida Football with Jim McElwain. I am standing behind the desk where the show is recorded.
This is a photo that I took while operating the control room in the Gatorvision studio. I would shadow professionals to know exactly what it takes to broadcast a live Volleyball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment