Thursday, October 20, 2016

Partner Dancing-Salsa

While there are a lot of dances that an individual can perform on their own, there are also many partner dances people can enjoy together. One of the many partner dances that I have tried is the Salsa. Salsa is a combination of many Latin and Afro-Caribbean dances. It is usually performed with a male and a female but two females can dance salsa together as well as two males. I like to dance Salsa because it comes from the Hispanic origins. Specifically, salsa comes from different Hispanic countries such as Mexico, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic. 
Salsa is very popular and can even be seen on TV shows like when Ryan Lochte performed it with his partner on Dancing with the Stars. While dancing Salsa can get very complicated and intricate, it is also a dance for beginners and people that have no dancing experience. There are several tutorials on youtube that can show you the basic steps of Salsa.  While I have no posts on my blog referring to Salsa dancing, I still encourage you to take a look at my blog to see the different types of dance I do have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment