Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Short Biography

Through out my life I have been involved with many different and unique things. Some of the activities that I have been involved with can be found on my online resume. Something that a lot of people don't know about me is that I used to be a competitive swimmer. However, I did not enjoy swimming. It was something that I was forced to do by my parents and therefore I just did it. That's probably the main reason why I never told anyone. That part of my life is far in my past though, now I dedicate my time to dance and tumbling.

I take dance classes every Tuesday and Wednesday that I can go. I also take tumbling classes on Fridays. Tumbling is like a form of gymnastics. Throughout my life I have also been very involved with the performing arts. I was very involved with theater and performed with Miami Children's theater. Now I am a theater minor at UF and I enjoy it very much. I preach to others the importance of doing what you love. You can come out of a dark place in your life and get the opportunity to do what makes you happy. I am doing that right now and I wouldn't have my life be any other way. I plan on continuing to dance at Independance studio while I am here in Gainesville and I'll find studios wherever life takes me.

7 comments:

  1. Lauren,

    As a dancer, I am so happy to see your energetic posts each week. Tumbling is such a great activity to do alongside dance because they complement each other. I'm excited for your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you share so much about yourself and how you got to where you are today. Can't wait to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your passion for dance is awesome! In our stressful world of classes and chaos, it is great to have an activity you enjoy so much as an outlet for expression and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool! I think it's great that you didn't just stick with something because you felt obligated and that you chose to do something that you really love...kuddos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really enjoyed reading this as a fellow dancer! You should come to the Florida Swing Dancing Club sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really enjoyed reading this as a fellow dancer! You should come to the Florida Swing Dancing Club sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew about you in theatre, but I didn't know about your love to dance. I'm happy you're doing something you love!

    ReplyDelete