Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Why I Dance


When I am passionate about something I pursue it. A piece of my soul has always told me that dancing is something that I am meant to do. When I'm dancing my heart fells happy and full. Dance is one of the few things in my life that I know will always be there for me. When I am down from all the stress of life, dance relieves me. It really doesn't matter where I am dancing. I can be at my dance class, on stage, at a party, or in my bed room, if I'm dancing I am happy. I will admit right now that I am not the best dancer ever but that doesn't matter to me at all. A quote from one of my idols Martha Graham says, "Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion." This quote inspires me every moment I dance and pushes me to dance with all of my heart. 
For this blog, I decided to post about all of my adventures in dance. I dance with a company called IndepenDance studio here in Gainesville and I attend dance classes there regularly. Most of what I post on this blog will be from my classes at IndepenDance but I'll throw in something a little different every now and then. I hope you enjoy my blog and understand through my posts why dancing is something I can't live without.



No comments:

Post a Comment