Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Hip-Hop- Panda

Another style of dance that is taught at IndepenDance studio is Hip-Hop, which is my favorite style of dance. Hip-hop dance refers to street dance styles primarily performed to hip-hop music or that have evolved as part of hip-hop culture. It includes a wide range of styles primarily breaking, locking, and popping which were created in the 1970s and made popular by dance crews in the United States. The reason why Hip-Hop is my favorite style of dance is because it is very fast paced, high energy, it's so much fun, and it hypes up an audience. 
One week I was taught a Hip-Hop dance to the song Panda by Desgiiner. This dance consists of fast hand, arm, and leg movements that match the beat of the music. This particular dance that I learned was copied from a YouTube music video that went viral because of how interesting, complex, and captivating the choreography is. In the photo featured I'm, alongside my fellow dancer and friend Casey, swinging my arms forwards while my body is being thrown backwards. This is a very typical step you will see in a Hip-Hop dance.


No comments:

Post a Comment