Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Jazz-Light it Up


One of the many styles of dance that I perform is Jazz. This style of dance is very hard to define because it entails many different styles of dance composed into one. The definition for Jazz dance is "an umbrella term that can refer to several related dance styles. All of them are connected via common roots, namely tap, ballet, jazz music, and African-American rhythms and dance." In a typical Jazz dance class I learn basic dance technique such as Passe turns, Russian leaps, and a short choreographed dance combination.
In one of the dance classes that I attended, I was taught a short dance combination to the song Light it Up by Major Lazer. This dance consists of high kicks, turns, and basic dance steps such as a Pas de Bourree. It is a fast paced, high energy dance. Personally, it is one of the funnest dances I have ever been taught. Below is a picture of me doing a high kick from the dance.




No comments:

Post a Comment